This course is the perfect entry point for beginners. Additionally, it is foundational for individuals with previous experience who are interested in studying with Dr. Yang to learn his efficient ingredients-oriented training approach and direct teaching methods. In addition to satisfying some of the required training for Evidence-Based Qigong (EBQ™ß) and Evidence-Based Taiji (EBT™) certifications, this camp is a prerequisite for all other certifications.
The curriculum includes all elements of Dr. Yang's Evidence-Based Qigong (EBQ™) and Evidence-Based Taiji (EBT™) programs. This is the curriculum Dr. Yang designed when creating a program for his Ph.D. research, after asking the question: "What are the essential components of traditional training that will yield the most measurable benefit in the shortest amount of time?" The programs are the foundation of Dr. Yang's qigong and t’ai chi practice and teaching.
▪ Static qigong meditations in standing, lying-down, and sitting postures, including
instruction in Dr. Yang's unique functional meditation program;
▪ Traditional dynamic (moving) qigong and silk reeling qigong exercises;
▪ Agility drills (moderate cardio, footwork, coordination, and agility training); and
▪ Silk Reeling - Level 1. This classic Chen T’ai Chi and Qigong practice enhances blood and energy flow to muscles and major joints to alleviate and prevent pain. It also serves to gently extend range of movement in mechanically efficient ways. In addition, it is an important but often overlooked tool in t’ai chi self-defense.
▪ Instruction in an introductory 7-movement t’ai chi form distilled from the Classic Chen Style 48-form. The movements were selected by Dr. Yang to be accessible to persons of all ages and physical ability, but challenging enough to yield improvements in motor skills, coordination, and cognitive function.
This five-day intensive training will provide all contact hours required for Evidence-based Qigong (EBQ™) instructor certification. It also will satisfy the contact hour requirements for Evidence-based T’ai Chi (EBT™) instructor certification for individuals who are already certified as Evidence-based Qigong (EBQ™) instructors. Please note that EBQ™ certification is a prerequisite for EBT™ certification. Please see complete certification requirements
The intention to obtain instructor certification is not a requisite for attendance - the camp is for all persons interested in learning the essential foundation of Dr. Yang's qigong and t’ai chi curriculum.
Application to camp is a two-step process:
▪ Apply for this camp.
IMPORTANT: This is an application for acceptance to the camp.
▪ Upon acceptance, you will receive an email instructing you to complete the registration and make your payment. Your spot will be secured only after payment has been made. All other deadlines apply.
Please note that full-time camp registrations are given priority. Part-time camp registrations will be put on a waiting list until May 1, 2020. At that time we will assess the available space and accept part time registrations in order of their submission.
Meals will be provided in the "Fresh Food Company" Dining Hall on the third floor of the Denaples Center (building 38 on the campus map.) Vegetarian options will be available. Dinner will be provided on the first evening (Sunday, July 12), and breakfast will be provided on the last day (Friday, July 17).
There are two options for lodging:
▪ On campus lodging: Accommodations will be provided in the University
of Scranton dorms
which offer suite style housing. All suites are air-conditioned and all room
reservations will be single occupancy. Each suit has four (lockable) bedrooms with one
extra-long twin bed: two rooms share a bathroom (one person per room, two rooms per
shared bathroom). Each suite includes a shared common area with a living area and a full
kitchen with a refrigerator, stove, microwave (pots, pans, dishes, etc. are NOT
provided). Linens/pillows are provided but we recommend that you bring an (extra-long
fitted college dorm / twin sized) bed sheet for added comfort.
▪ Commuting: You are welcome to arrange your own lodging at nearby hotels and commute to camp. You may indicate this housing preference on the registration form. If you elect to stay on-campus, we will make all reservations/arrangements for you and the cost of the lodging/meals will be included in your on-line camp payment. If you elect to commute from a nearby hotel, you will need to make reservations with the hotel yourself and arrange transportation to and from the campus.
Tuition: Base tuition is $1,150, payable on-line through the registration process. Tuition discounts are detailed in the pricing grid below. Lodging and meal costs are additional to tuition. Please see Tuition Discounts outlined below in the pricing grid.
Note: Payment in full is due on or before June 12, 2020.
Tuition Discounts: The following tuition discounts are available when registering for the full program only. Discounts do not apply to partial camp attendance.
You may apply for any or all of the following three discounts as they apply to your registration:
1) Early registration: A $50 discount will be applied toward tuition if
full payment is
received before May 1, 2020.
2) EBQ™ or EBT™ instructor certification: Those with current instructor certifications are eligible for an additional $100 discount.
3) Previous 5-day camp attendance (2017-2019): Anyone who has attended a full, five-day training camp with Dr. Yang from 2017-2019 is eligible for a $100 discount
Full payment is due on or before June 12, 2020.
If for any reason you must cancel your registration, a $75.00 application fee will be deducted from your refund. Your deposit will be refunded in accordance with the following policy:
▪ If you cancel before June 12, 2020 your deposit will be refunded the full amount paid,
less the $75 application fee.
▪ If you cancel after June 12, 2020 you will be refunded 50% of your deposit.
▪ If you cancel after July 5, 2020 you will not be eligible for any refund.
The "Center for Taiji and Qigong Studies" and "Dr. Yang's Evidence-Based Traditional Taiji (EBT™) and Evidence-Based Qigong (EBQ™) Programs" are trademarks of the Center for Taiji and Qigong Studies (CTQS). All rights reserved. Dr. Yang Yang's EBT™ and EBQ™ programs and methods of instruction are the unique product of his lifelong practice with top traditional masters of China, over 30 years of experience teaching T’ai Chi & Qigong in China and America, and his research in mind/body wellness. The combined curriculum and methods of instruction constitute the valuable and proprietary intellectual property of Dr. Yang Yang and/or the CTQS. Certification is entirely at the discretion of Dr. Yang Yang and/or the CTQS and may be withheld or withdrawn at any time by Dr. Yang Yang and/or the CTQS. License/certification to teach Dr. Yang Yang's program, and to use CTQS trademarks and/or service marks in advertising/promotion, is limited to instructors with current certification. Certified instructors will be required to sign a written agreement indicating that they will appropriately attribute the EBQ and EBT programs to Dr. Yang Yang and the Center for Taiji & Qigong Studies, and that they will not modify the program to create another program offered under a different name.